We began this pie trail run at the 2017 PieTime winner, Southern Rise Bakery in Moss Vale. It was fitting then that we finished it with the newly crowned 2018 PieTime champions, Stones Patisserie Berrima. And, unlike Southern Rise, we were able to sample the winning pie The ‘Head to Tail’ during our visit.
The pie awards this year have been extended to include all of NSW and the ACT, so the award to Stones comes with some prestige. We sat on the sun-filled porch to literally enjoy our time in the sun after marking the end of our pie trail run to all 26 bakeries in the Southern Highlands. We made it!
- Distance: 10.5km
- Pie Running Time: 45 minutes
- Pies: Head to Tail pie.
- Pastry: Pastry was up there with the best.
- Filling: The surprise was the cherry tomatoes in the filling which were bursting with flavour and balanced really well with the oxtail stew.
- Cost: $18 served with french fries.
- Sauce tax: None, sauce as included.